ST. LOUIS — Was there really any other way to introduce our St. Louis Blues for the hometown NHL All-Star Game?
Laila Anderson got the honor Saturday night at Enterprise Center. A huge cheer from the crowd welcomed her as she walked the red carpet onto the ice. She paused and waved to the sold-out arena before launching into her intros.
“Hello, St. Louis!” her voice boomed. “Let’s meet our All-Stars!”
Laila introduced the All-Star Blues players one at a time with a guttural grit that would rival even the most seasoned announcer. Click play on the video at the top of this story or in the player below to hear for yourself.
First up was Ryan O’Reilly. With a big smile on his face, O’Reilly skated straight over to Laila and gave her a hug. Jordan Binnington and David Perron followed behind, each giving her a fist bump. Last up was team captain Alex Pietrangelo, who couldn’t help but smile at Laila’s delivery and skated over to give her a hug before joining the rest of the players.
To say Laila crushed the intros is an understatement. Even Perron was impressed with how she did.
"She was really good, too," Perron said. "She had a good voice too and pretty loud. She had fun doing it, and certainly it was special for all four of us. I think for me and Binner first time to be at this game, it was a special weekend, and she did a good job."
NHL.com writer Dan Rosen called her “an absolute pro” at doing the intros.
And the official NHL Twitter account added to the praise by tweeting, “ROUND OF APPLAUSE FOR LAILA ANDERSON. Awesome, awesome, AWESOME job!”
All-Star Game coverage:
- 'It was special for all 4 of us' | St. Louis Blues fire up hometown crowd at All-Star Game
- Jenna Fischer is loving her time as a ceremonial All-Star captain
- Jordan Binnington honors all the 2020 Blues All-Stars with his special All-Star Game mask
- Thousands of Blues fans pack Union Station for NHL Fan Fair
- Blues rep the Super Bowl-bound Kansas City Chiefs on All-Star Friday night
- 'This is where they grew up watching the Blues | Tkachuk family ready for All-Star Weekend
- Charles Glenn returns to the Enterprise Center to sing the National Anthem for the All-Star Game
- From the Lou and he's proud | Matthew Tkachuk dons Yadier Molina jersey at All-Star skills challenge, sends crowd into a frenzy
- Jordan Binnington wins the 'Save Streak' competition at All-Star Friday night
- Hamm, Hull among honorary captains for 2020 NHL All-Star Game in St. Louis
- T.J. Oshie is back in St. Louis where it all began, as a first-time All-Star