ST. LOUIS — MoDOT is advising drivers to plan for alternate routes this upcoming weekend while crews complete pavement work along roads in downtown St. Louis.
According to a press release, crews will close the following sections beginning Friday:
- Northbound I-55 at I-44 at 8 p.m. The detour will be marked.
- I-44 at the exit to 7th and Park/Broadway at 8 p.m. The detour will be marked.
- The ramp from EB I-44 /NB I-55 to Walnut will be closed at 7 p.m.
- The ramp from 8th and Marion to eastbound I-44/northbound I-55 will be closed at 7 p.m.
- The ramp from northbound I-55 to Gravois at 7 p.m.
- The ramp from eastbound I-44/northbound I-55 to the Poplar Street Bridge at 7 p.m.
Additionally, all eastbound I-44 traffic will exit at 7th and Park, and northbound I-55 will exit to westbound I-44, or to the Lafayette-Truman interchange.
During the closure, MoDOT said, crews will be repairing pavement and drainage between the I-44 and I-55 split underneath the Poplar Street Bridge (I-64).
All lanes are expected to open to traffic by 5 a.m. on Monday.