ST. LOUIS — For anyone planning a trip to St. Louis—or welcoming guests into town—there are your typical things to do that are on everyone’s list: go to the Arch, head to a Cardinals game or explore Forest Park.
But as any St. Louisan knows, there is so much more to do in this city, and TripSavvy is here to shout out from the rooftop—or at least its online audience.
The national travel website recently announced its second annual Editors' Choice Awards. Categories include worldwide destinations for ‘best for a bucket list’ and ‘best for the food obsessed.’
St. Louis was one of the top award-winning cities with 16 venues that made the cut.
- Best for sports: Busch Stadium*
- Best for sweet tooth: Federhofer’s Bakery*
- Best for sweet tooth: Gelato Di Riso
- Best for sweet tooth: Missouri Baking Company*
- Best for sweet tooth: Pint Size Bakery & Coffee*
- Best for sweet tooth: Ted Drewes*
- Best for sweet tooth: The Chocolate Affair
- Best for families: Grant’s Farm*
- Best for families: Saint Louis Zoo
- Best for families: Sophia M. Sachs Butterfly House
- Best for families: The Magic House*
- Best for food obsessed: Pappy’s Smokehouse*
- Best for brunch: Russell’s on Macklind*
- Best for culture vultures: St. Louis Art Museum*
- Best for plant moms: Citygarden
- Best for plant moms: Missouri Botanical Garden*
TripSavvy named the winners by digging through more than 60,000 recommended hotels, restaurants and attractions in its articles. The team crunched data from top review sites and readers. The top locations were then passed on to TripSavvy editors for consideration.
Click here to check out the full list of 2019 Editors’ Choice award winners from TripSavvy.
*Denotes a TripSavvy Hall of Fame winner, defined as, ‘This winner has impressed our writers and editors year after year. Fewer than 1% of all businesses make the cut.’