ZOODLES AND Homemade PESTO
Homemade Pesto Sauce
- 1 cup fresh basil leaves
- 3 garlic cloves, peeled
- ¼ cup pine nuts (walnuts work well too!)
- 1/3 cup freshly grated Parmesan
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- Combine all ingredients into a food processor or blender; season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 1 week.
MAKE THE ZUCCHINI NOODLES “ZOODLES”
- 2 zucchini
- Vegetable Spiralizer (apparatus we use to make vegetables look like noodles)
- Adjust spiralizer to desired blade. Today we are making spaghetti.
- Spiralize zucchini into pasta like noodles, zoodles!
- Toss with sauce of choice, in this case, pesto!
- Fresh tomatoes
- Mozzarella Pearls
- Toss all ingredients together and use them as topping on the Zoodles. Feel free to add a protein of choice.
You can find more delicious recipes like this at ColorfulFoodie.com.