If you're reading this story on our new app, you don't need to download again!
We’re excited to share with you that we've launched an all-new and improved mobile app designed for our most important audience: You.
The new phone and tablet app boasts a modernized look and feel that complements what you see during broadcasts, and we’ve made it easier than ever to find the information you care about most.
New app highlights include:
LOCAL & BREAKING NEWS
- Receive real-time notifications for breaking news
- Read the latest news as it happens in your area
- Explore exclusive investigative stories
- Browse photos, news clips, and raw video
- Away from your TV? Watch live on-air newscasts right on your device
- Discover and dive into topics that matter to you
- Favorite topics to receive personalized updates
- Custom alerts based on your exact location
- Share stories and videos directly with your friends and family
- Check the "As Seen On TV" section to quickly access important info you’ve seen during broadcasts
- See the latest updates and behind-the-scenes photos from your favorite anchors and reporters
- Get information on school delays and closings as they happen
- Explore the "Near Me" map for the latest 5 On Your Side news stories in your area. You can also see photos and videos uploaded from fellow viewers in your neighborhood.
- Share your photos and videos with us! Use the "Near Me" map upload the news and weather you see happening near you.
The 5 On Your Side app is updated regularly so that we can make it better for you. For the best experience, we encourage you to turn on automatic updates to make sure you get all of the latest features and improvements.