BETHEL ACRES, Okla. — Sam the Labrador retriever proved that canines are man’s best friend for life.
Sam, who is possibly 18 to 20-years-old, put on a pretty pink scarf to dress up for the occasion.
The post says Sam was excited to see her friends and spend a few last moments with Arthur.
When Sam went up to the casket to say her final goodbyes to her life long friend she recognized his face but sensed something wasn’t right.
The post says the animal rescue never knew Arthur, but they hoped he was comforted knowing his girl Sam was safe and loved with them.
After the funeral 1 Day Ranch said Sam spent her day back at the rescue taking a nap.
What other people are reading right now:
- Indian restaurant shut down after city reports large rodent inside
- 5 killed after small plane leaves Tampa, crashes into Lake Okeechobee
- Man assaults girlfriend after finding her with another woman, deputies say
- 20 feet down in Lake Michigan there is a 12 foot tall statue of Christ
- April the Giraffe updates: 'April has profoundly advanced'
►Make it easy to keep up-to-date with more stories like this. Download the 10News app now.