ST. LOUIS — City leaders are updating the public on its efforts to fight the spread of the coronavirus, COVID-19 during a press conference in the mayor's office.
In attendance at the press conference:
- Mayor Lyda Krewson
- Presiding Judge Rex Burlison
- Health Department Director Dr. Fredrick Echols
- Public Safety Director Judge Jimmie Edwards
- St. Louis Metropolitan Police Chief John Hayden
- St. Louis Fire Chief Dennis Jenkerson
- Commissioner Gary Christmann
- Circuit Attorney Kim Gardner
Thursday, Krewson started taking steps to ensure city residents will have access to water. She ordered the water department to stop all water shut-offs until at least May 15.
"Access to water is essential for cleaning, personal hygiene & washing your hands," Krewson wrote on Twitter.