ST. LOUIS — Calling all knitters! Animals impacted by bushfires in Australia need your help.
It’s estimated that 1 billion animals have died or will die as a result of the fires. More than two dozen people have been killed and 2,000 homes have been destroyed.
Besides donating funds to cover rescue and recovery costs, anyone who can crochet, knit or sew can create items that will be used by wildlife rescuers to help injured or orphaned animals.
In Missouri, anyone who is interested in donating items, materials or money to cover shipping costs can click here for a list of drop-off sites. There are two drop-off sites in St. Louis.
For more information, you can visit the Missouri Sub Hub for American Rescue Crafters Connect Facebook page or send an email to email@example.com.
MORE ON AUSTRALIA BUSHFIRES
- Cartoon of Steve Irwin welcoming animals killed in Australian bushfires has people in tears
- Elton John, Chris Hemsworth, Metallica pledge $2.75 million to Australia fire response
- Up to 10,000 camels will be shot and killed in Australia
- 24 charged with intentionally setting Australia bushfires
- Maps show massive expanse of the Australia bushfires