ST. LOUIS - Perhaps the only way to celebrate 7-Eleven’s birthday is with Slurpees.
America's largest convenience store chain turns 91 Wednesday and is marking the day, which it has dubbed 7-Eleven Day and Free Slurpee Day, with a Slurpee giveaway.
By taking place this Wednesday, 7-Eleven is cashing in on a natural: July 11, or 7-11. Get it?
Participating 7-Eleven stores nationwide are giving away free small Slurpees from 11 a.m. to 7 p.m. while supplies last.
“Free Slurpee Day may be the most anticipated day of the year for millions of 7-Eleven customers and new customers alike," said Raj Kapoor, a 7-Eleven senior vice president in a statement. "7-Eleven Day is a celebration, not only of our birthday, but more importantly, of our customers."
No coupon is necessary, but be prepared to wait in long lines. The company estimates it gives away 9 million Slurpees on 7-Eleven Day each year.
After the convenience chain’s birthday, the deals continue for 7Rewards members with the “7 Deals in 7 Days” promotion that run Thursday through July 18. Each day, the company will feature a coupon on its smartphone app.
- July 12: Get a free 7-Select Pure Water when you buy a BODYARMOR Sports Drink
- July 13: Get a free Big Gulp when you buy a Share Size Snickers Candy Bar
- July 14: Get a free 7-Select Popcorn when you buy a 20-ounce Smartwater
- July 15: Get a free single size Reese’s Candy when you buy a share size bag of 7-Select Gummies
- July 16: Get a free 20-ounce Coca-Cola when you buy any flavor Cheez-It Snack
- July 17: Get a free single serve bag of 7-Select Chips when you buy any Fresh Sandwich
- July 18: Get a free single serve 7-Select Tortilla Chips when you buy any 7-Select Nuts