RABBIT HASH, Ky. — There's a new head pup in Rabbit Hash, Kentucky.
His name is Wilbur Beast, and he's a French bulldog who just won a landslide victory in the town's mayoral race.
WCPO reported the dog won the race for mayor with 13,143 votes. He unseated current mayor Brynneth Pawltro, a rescued pit bull mix.
The ABC affiliate said second- and third-place finishers Jack Rabbit and Poppy will both be ambassadors for Rabbit Hash.
According to the Louisville Courier-Journal, there were 22,985 votes cast -- the highest ever for the town.
The town in Boone County has been holding these dog mayor elections since 1998. While not technically a real election of a town official, it's a popular fundraising event for the Rabbit Hash Historical Society.
The Courier-Journal said organizers call it "the only honest election in the country."
What other people are reading right now:
- 2020 Election Results | Get live results from 10 Tampa Bay
- 'Why can’t these states be more like Florida?': Gov. DeSantis praises his battleground states' election response
- Florida votes to increase the minimum wage to $15: Here are the possible pros and cons
- Tampa Bay remains in cone of Tropical Storm Eta; still nearly 1,000 miles away in Central America
- Police: Man makes threats on YouTube to kill Trump supporters, Florida politicians
►Breaking news and weather alerts: Get the free 10 Tampa Bay app
►Stay In the Know! Sign up now for the Brightside Blend Newsletter