BELLEVILLE, Ill. — A bus driver for a school district in Belleville has died after battling COVID-19.
Belleville Township High School District 201 made the announcement on Facebook Saturday morning.
The district said Frank Massey passed away after complications of the virus.
The district said Massey was a dedicated employee and took his responsibility to safely transport students very seriously.
The district went on to offer thoughts and prayers for his family, colleagues and students he served.
The full Facebook post:
“We are extremely saddened to announce that one of our bus drivers, Frank Massey, has passed away from complications of COVID-19. Frank was a dedicated employee who took very seriously his responsibility to safely transport our students on a daily basis. It was extremely important to Mr. Massey that, during the school closure, we continue to provide meals for students. During this difficult time, he was a helper. His dedication to our district and especially to the students was exemplary. Our thoughts and prayers are with his family, colleagues, and the students that he served during this difficult time.”
More Coronavirus Stories
- Local wineries come together to make hand sanitizer for first responders
- Anheuser-Busch donates hand sanitizer to St. Louis city, county first responders
- HSHS St. Elizabeth’s Hospital celebrates discharge of COVID-19 patient
- Local St. Louis makers team up to make face shields for health care workers on the front lines of the COVID-19 pandemic
- St. Charles police, fire departments show support for health care workers