ST. LOUIS — Many stores are adjusting their hours and designating special hours to those more vulnerable to the coronavirus.
Due to "panic shopping," those at risk have had a difficult time getting items.
• Schnucks | From 6 to 7 a.m. there will be shopping time exclusively for customers over the age of 60 and how for those who are most at risk of COVID-19 due to underlying health conditions. The Schnucks in-store pharmacies will open at 6 a.m. on Mondays and Thursdays to allow seniors to visit the pharmacy during the 6 to 7 a.m. hour.
• Dierbergs | 8 to 9 a.m. is reserved for shoppers who are at a higher risk of severe illness by COVID-19 which includes those over the age of 60 and those with compromised immune systems.
• Target | First hour of each Wednesday for vulnerable customers
• Dollar General | First hour of each business day is dedicated to its shoppers over the age of 60
• Fields Foods | The Lafayette Square location will have special hours from 7 to 8 a.m. for those over the age of 60
• Whole Foods | Open one hour before opening to the public for those 60 and older
• Fresh Thyme | 6 to 8 a..m. on Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays for seniors and those who may be at-risk
CONTINUING CORONAVIRUS COVERAGE