ST. LOUIS — An investigation is underway after a man was shot and killed in St. Louis’ Mark Twain neighborhood Friday night.
At around 9:14 p.m., police were called to the 4900 block of Thekla Avenue for a report of a shooting.
When officers arrived, they found a 59-year-old man suffering from a gunshot wound. He was pronounced dead at the scene.
Police later identified the victim as Anthony Tolefree, of the 4400 block of Garfield.
The person responsible in this case remains unknown.
Anyone with information on this shooting should call the homicide division at 314-444-5371 or Crimstoppers at 866-371-TIPS (8477).
More Local News
- ‘We’re back!’ | Steve’s Hot Dogs & Burgers reopens
- Man shot and killed by deputy in Washington County, Missouri
- St. Louis Fans stick it to Kroenke selling out the dome for the Battlehawks home opener
- St. Charles County man who was church leader charged with child pornography
- The 5 safest cities in Missouri are in St. Louis County, according to Alarms.org
- 'I thought he was going to kill my husband' | Jefferson County woman still scared after road rage attack