ST. LOUIS — A St. Louis hospital is celebrating a major milestone that they haven’t reached in a decade.
On Nov. 20, SSM Health Saint Louis University Hospital performed its 100th organ transplant of 2019.
“This is a big deal and it speaks to the hard work everyone put in to accomplish this,” said Henry Randall, transplant surgical director at SLU Hospital.
On Friday, Dr. Randall and his transplant team will celebrate the milestone with patient No. 100, 57-year-old Timothy Lampert, his family and his kidney donor.
SLU Hospital’s organ transplant program is one of the most established programs in the Midwest, according to a press release. The program has doubled its volume over the last five years
Lampert is from the Springfield area and he received a kidney from his friend, Carmolee Cleir.
MORE LOCAL NEWS
- Sponsor a wreath to honor a veteran at Jefferson Barracks National Cemetery
- Winter weather outlook: Fasten your seat belts
- 'No one has the right to play God' | Prosecutors say mother killed disabled daughter before attempting suicide
- 7,000 backlogged rape kits untested in Missouri: what's next?
- Topgolf interested in bringing another location to St. Louis
- Charges: Pregnant woman held against her will, assaulted and forced to drink bleach