ST. LOUIS — Mission Taco Joint is releasing a new seasonal taco called ‘El Chaparrito.’
The taco will include short ribs from E3 Ranch in Kansas and a portion of proceeds from every taco sold with be donated to the E3 Ranch Foundation.
The foundation is a non-profit that serves veterans, active military and those who are affected by human trafficking.
On the taco, sliced green olives and white wine vinegar are added to the meat to pack a punch of flavor. It’s all topped with queso fresco, cilantro and lime on a house made flour tortilla.
“We went out to Fort Scott and visited E3 Farm this November and took a tour of the pastures and saw firsthand how humane they are to their animals,” said Jason Tilford. “They care a lot about sustainability and that is evident in the quality of the product. They’re also a family-run company, so we aligned well with that.”
The taco will be available now until Jan. 31 and they cost $3.99.
Mission Taco has four locations in the St. Louis area.
MORE LOCAL NEWS
- Six Flags St. Louis wants to see your long underwear
- Holiday flavors are back at Duck Donuts
- Maroon 5 bringing 2020 tour to St. Louis with Meghan Trainor
- St. Louis Aquarium at Union Station opens on Christmas Day
- 2 St. Louis burger joints among the best in the country
- St. Louis Battlehawks unveil new uniforms