ST. LOUIS — This year’s PrideFest event has been postponed until 2022.
The Pride St. Louis Board of Directors has decided to postpone the event until June of next year. With ongoing capacity and distancing restrictions because of the COVID-19 pandemic, Pride St. Louis was not able to obtain the necessary permits needed for the event, the organization wrote in a news release Friday.
“This decision did not come easy, as we had hoped the situation would have made it possible for us to celebrate our community as in previous years,” Pride St. Louis said in the release. “However, we believe it is best to start looking towards the future and prepare for PrideFest 2022.”
- Kenny Chesney moves St. Louis concert to 2022
- Fabulous Fox announces return of live performances this spring
- St. Louis events make a comeback as more vaccinations come into play
- Drive-In St. Louis concert, movie series announced
- 'We're not to the old days yet' | Opening day crowds give hope to struggling St. Louis bars, restaurants