ST. LOUIS — This fall, you can drink beers with the bears at the Saint Louis Zoo.
The zoo is hosting Zootoberfest for two weekends in October. The free family-friendly event will feature live entertainment, fall-related kids’ games and crafts and Oktoberfest-related foods.
For the 21-and-up crowd, several German bars will serve a variety of local and national Oktoberfest beers. The specialty beers will be available at beer tents throughout the zoo. To make the experience feel a little more authentic, you can get your drink in a specialty Zootoberfest stein that gets you discounts on refills.
Root beer will be available for the kids.
Festivities run from 10 a.m.-3 p.m. Live entertainment starts at noon on the following days:
- Saturday, October 5: Terry Thompson’s Bavarian Stompers
- Sunday, October 6: Joe Pollach’s St. Louis Express
- Saturday, October 12: Terry Thompson’s Bavarian Stompers
- Sunday, October 13: Good Times Polka Band
Other stories you might enjoy:
- Trans-Siberian Orchestra coming back to St. Louis
- Délicieux! Le Macaron to open in St. Louis this fall
- Kruta Bakery celebrates 100 years of sweet history
- Lion’s Choice and Arch Appeal launch streetwear collection
- Eat your veggies and love them at these St. Louis restaurants
- Snakes are on the move due to flooding in the St. Louis area