ST. LOUIS — Do you like to indulge in the holidays this time of year?
Holiday-themed ice cream, drinks and donuts are just a few things being offered around the St. Louis area for the season.
To make it easier for you to see your options, we’ve made a list of local spots offering special treats this year.
If you know of a restaurant we should add to our list, send us an email.
Botanica is offering a variety of southern take-and-bake sides and desserts for the holidays.
The sides and desserts feed four people for $13 or eight people for $25. They include baked mac ‘n cheese, collard greens with smoked ham hocks, Brussels sprouts and peach cobbler.
Guests can place an order online through Dec. 18. Orders will be available for pickup from 11 a.m. to 4 p.m. on Dec. 23.
For more information, visit Botanica's website.
Café la Vie
Café la Vie inside Le Meridien St. Louis Clayton is offering a holiday lights and cookies package.
The package includes admission to Winter Wonderland at Tilles Park, a dozen European holiday cookies and two thermoses of Italian hot chocolate. The package costs $70 and is available to order through OpenTable.
Guests must purchase the package 48 hours in advance.
City Museum is offering holiday cocktails and a cereal bar for the season.
Misfit Holiday Bar
For the Misfit Holiday Bar, the log cabin on the first floor of the museum will be covered in holiday lights and decorated with characters from the Island of Misfit Toys. Guests can purchase cocktails or a s’mores kit to toast on the outdoor fire pits. A hot cocoa bar with regular and alcohol-infused options will also be available.
The bar experience is for those 21 years old and older.
Specialty cocktails include:
- The Abominable Boot – An icy blend of RumChata, Disarrono Amaretto, Butterscotch Schnapps, ice cream and spices topped with whipped cream and a RumChata shooter cupcake from Jilly's.
- The Red Nosed Reindeer – Tattersal Cranberry Liqueur, Makers Mark bourbon, bitters, sweet vermouth and a splash of club soda, finishing off with ice, a candied orange and cranberry for perfection.
- The Peppermint Prospector – Cocoa full of Whipped Cream Vodka, Kahlua, and Candy Cane Schnapps, topped whipped cream, peppermint crunch and a candy cane for simple sipping.
- Santa's Remedy – Proverb Merlot and E&J Apple Brandy VSOP slow simmered with blend of mulling spices, citrus and more.
- Poinsettia – Blend of Tattersall Cranberry and sparkling wine.
- Orange Chocolate Truffle – Hot chocolate with a splash of Tattersall Orange Creme topped with whipped cream.
- Black Forest – Black raspberry Chambord, white creme de cacao and Tito's Vodka
- Fragile Baby – Frangelico and Bailey's Irish Cream.
The Misfit Holiday Bar will be open from noon to 9 p.m. on Dec. 10 and noon to 11 p.m. on Dec. 11, 17, and 18. Click here to purchase tickets.
Misfit Cereal Bar
The Misfit Cereal Bar will be held on the second floor of the museum and features unlimited servings of several different cereals. A variety of milk options will also be available, and coffee will be served for the adults.
While kiddos are munching on their favorite cereal, holiday movies will be playing. Families are encouraged to wear pajamas during the event. Free cardboard gingerbread house kits and Christmas inflatables will also be featured.
The cereal bar will be open from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. on Sundays, Dec. 12 and 19. Admission to the City Museum is $18 and the cereal bar can be added to tickets for $7.
For more information, visit the City Museum’s website.
Clementine’s Naughty & Nice Creamery has created yet another ice cream flavor for the holidays and this time, it benefits a good cause.
Clementine’s announced it has partnered with TV show host and St. Louis native Andy Cohen on a new flavor called “Peppermint Andy.”
Clementine’s will be donating 50% of sales from the peppermint-chocolate flavored ice cream to local nonprofit DOORWAYS. The organization provides housing and support services for people who are affected by HIV/AIDS.
Peppermint Andy features crushed New York’s King Leo Peppermint candies, dark chocolate curls and hints of vanilla.
Other holiday flavors that will be released later this month include Boston Cream Pie and Vegan Sugar Cookie.
Hanukkah flavors are also back at Clementine’s this year.
The flavors include:
- Halva with cherries – honey, tahini, sweetened condensed milk and almond extract
- Challah bread pudding – challah bread, heavy cream, cinnamon, brown sugar, Irish cream and vanilla
- Sufganiyot – house-made yeast doughnut, vanilla and raspberry syrup variegate
For a look at the full menu, visit Clementine's website.
Duck Donuts in Chesterfield is offering a winter assortment for the season.
The assortment includes:
- Chocolate icing with vanilla drizzle
- Chocolate icing with chopped bacon
- Chocolate icing with holiday sprinkles
- Vanilla icing with holiday sprinkles
- Mint icing with Oreo cookie pieces and hot fudge
- Glazed with holiday sprinkles
- Cinnamon sugar
- Vanilla icing with caramel drizzle
- Vanilla icing with Oreo cookie pieces
- Chocolate icing with mint drizzle
- Vanilla icing with raspberry drizzle
- Mint icing with chocolate drizzle
Duck Donuts is also offering its winter roast, peppermint hot chocolate, peppermint mocha and a mint Oreo milkshake.
Kaldi’s Coffee is offering a few different drinks and treats for the holidays this year.
The drinks include a brown sugar rosemary latte and holiday mint mocha. The treats include giant ginger cookies, sweet potato walnut muffins, rosemary citrus scone, cranberry orange bread and apple cinnamon bread.
Kaldi’s holiday blend ‘Tis the Season is also back this year. Guests can purchase a 12-ounce bag for $17.99.
For more information on its holiday specials, visit the Kaldi’s Coffee website.
Lion’s Choice is offering savory and sweet specials for the holiday season.
The specials include turkey and roast beef platters and broccoli cheddar soup. The restaurant is also serving up holiday-themed desserts including a peppermint cookie crunch concrete and a white chocolate cranberry cookie custard sandwich.
“We continue to see a desire for comfort food with flavors people know and love year after year, whether it’s something sweet or savory,” CEO Michael Kupstas said in a news release.
The specials are available until Jan. 10 at all Lion’s Choice locations.
Russell’s is offering a variety of sweets and starters for the holidays.
The specials include a charcuterie and cheese box, ready-to-bake cinnamon rolls and Christmas Eve rolls.
Holiday cakes being offered include Russell’s signature cake with peppermint buttercream, chocolate orange cake and flourless chocolate cake.
Russell's is bringing back its mini bites sweet tray which features 24 pieces of mini cakes, gooey butter, brownies and cookies.
The bakery will also have a selection of cheesecakes, cookies and brownies available for purchase.
Guests can place a holiday order to be picked up on Dec. 23. For more information, visit Russell's website.
Serendipity Homemade Ice Cream
Serendipity Homemade Ice Cream is serving up a special dessert and cocktails for the season.
The ice cream shop is offering Chanukah bon bon packs, which include three coffee, three cinnamon, three vanilla and three chocolate ice cream bon bons. The packs are $20 each and are available for pick-up or delivery.
Serendipity is also offering three cocktails for the holiday season: Irish coffee, hot toddy and dirty snowman.
For more information, visit the Serendipity Homemade Ice Cream website.
Soda Fountain at St. Louis Union Station has whipped up a special freak shake for the season.
The sippable dessert “You’ll Shoot Your Eye Out” is inspired by the holiday movie “A Christmas Story.”
The Ovaltine chocolate malt shake is served in a leg lamp-themed glass with a “Ralphie Bunny” sugar cookie, a Kit-Kat bar and candy cane. It’s topped with whipped cream, a cherry and dusting of chocolate Ovaltine.
For a look at Soda Fountain’s menu, visit its website.