ST. LOUIS — Five people were killed, and one person was injured in shootings across the St. Louis area Monday night – all within three hours.
The first shooting happened at around 7:50 p.m. in the 4800 block of Hammett Place.
Russell Rutherford, 30, and 29-year-old Kent Hamm Jr., were found with multiple gunshot wounds and were pronounced dead at the scene. Police said the suspect was in a black SUV.
The second shooting happened at around 8:50 p.m. in the 8600 block of Halls Ferry Road.
A 21-year-old woman was shot multiple times and was taken to the hospital where she died from her injuries. She was later identified as Deariah Jones.
A 25-year-old man was shot in the shoulder and was taken to the hospital in critical condition.
The third shooting happened at around 9:50 p.m. in the parking lot of a gas station on State Street in East St. Louis.
A man was found on the ground with gunshot wounds. He was taken to the hospital where he died from his injuries.
He was later identified as Cedric Gooden, otherwise known as local rapper 'Cold Kase.'
The fourth shooting happened at around 10:50 p.m. near Hamilton Avenue and Wells Avenue. A 34-year-old woman was found dead in an alley with multiple gunshot wounds.
- 'It's horrific': Woman's home damaged after 3 cars crash into her lawn in 2 weeks
- REAL ID coming to Illinois and Missouri: What you need to know if you plan on flying
- His wife killed his children and herself, now he fights stigma of mental illness
- 4-year-old, family friend died from gunshot wounds to head in apparent murder-suicide, autopsy finds
- These parents had no clue they were living in a former meth lab, now the mom-to-be has tested positive for meth
- Enterprise Center, Stifel Theatre are now certified sensory inclusive
- Take a look inside this $13M Ladue home for sale
- Vegan, gluten-free bakery to open in Southampton neighborhood