FENTON, Mo. — Wally's, the Pontiac, Illinois-based gas station and retail shop operator, will open its first St. Louis-area location Friday.
The travel center brand's new location, at 950 Assembly Parkway at the Fenton Logistics Park, hosts 72 gas pumps (spanning the length of over two football fields, officials said) and five electric vehicle charging stations.
The Fenton store is the brand's second location, having opened its first in Pontiac in fall 2020.
Wally's 36,000-square-foot new retail space houses a Wally's Cafe serving hand-carved barbecue station, freshly made sandwiches and popcorn, and jerky by the pound, as well as hand-scooped ice cream and baked goods.
The travel center, which is open 24 hours daily, also offers branded hats, car air fresheners, drink coasters and koozies, and other souvenirs. A Winnebago camper serves as a display in the store, which also sells coolers and other camping gear.
"Wally's is home of the Great American Road Trip and we have created a unique and interactive guest experience for the traveler. We are thrilled to be bringing our great service, tasty food and clean restrooms to Fenton," says Wally's President and CEO Michael Rubenstein, who co-founded the company.
Read the full story on the St. Louis Business Journal website.
- Amazon picks 4 area universities and colleges to offer education to its hourly employees
- Photos: Take a peek inside construction of Missouri Botanical Garden's new $100M visitor center
- Nonstop flights to Canada resuming at St. Louis' Lambert airport
- Build-A-Bear Workshop opening new concept in Chesterfield
- Des Peres doesn't allow apartments, but a developer wants to change that with a plan for 180 units