ST. LOUIS — In each of the past four years, St. Peters has led the region with the most home sales annually. It’s poised to make it a fifth straight year.
63376, a St. Charles County ZIP code that mostly includes St. Peters, led the region in the third quarter of the year with 369 home sales, according to data provided by national real estate brokerage Redfin. The 63376 ZIP code has 1,402 home sales so far this year, outpacing its total in each of the past two years. The ZIP code had 1,271 home sales in 2018 and 1,315 in 2017, according to Redfin.
The 63376 ZIP code was the only local ZIP code to have more than 300 home sales in the third quarter. Thirteen ZIP codes had between 200 and 300 home sales. Another 27 ZIP codes had at least 100 home sales in the most recent quarter.
Across the region, homes sales in the final month of the third quarter were down 6.4% year-over-year as the residential real estate market enters a part of the year in which sales soften. There were 1,529 closed sales in the third quarter, according to data from the St. Louis Realtors trade group.
Using the data provided by Redfin, the St. Louis Business Journal ranked the top local ZIP codes that had the most home sales in the third quarter of 2019.
These are the top 5:
63376: St. Peters, O’Fallon, Cottleville
- Total homes sold: 369
- Median sale price: $209,900
- Median days on market: 16
- Total homes sold: 283
- Median sale price: $261,000
- Median days on market: 25
- Total homes sold: 259
- Median sale price: $116,500
- Median days on market: 22
- Total homes sold: 256
- Median sale price: $259,450
- Median days on market: 29
- Total homes sold: 252
- Median sale price: $234,000
- Median days on market: 24
The full report from the Business Journal includes neighborhoods across the region, including those located in the city of St. Louis, Metro East, St. Louis County and St. Charles County. Click here for the top 25 neighborhoods with the most home sales in the last quarter.
In upcoming stories, the St. Louis Business Journal will examine the St. Louis-area ZIP codes where homes sell the fastest and also what neighborhoods have the highest average sale price.
- The most expensive homes for sale in Brentwood
- St. Louis is home to Missouri's wealthiest – and poorest – ZIP codes
- These are St. Louis' best private high schools
- The most expensive homes in Richmond Heights
- St. Louis' most expensive private primary schools
- St. Louis' most expensive private high schools for 2019