ST. LOUIS — Panera Bread Co. enlisted the help of St. Louis native Phyllis Smith, who starred in television hit "The Office," to announce the return of French onion soup to its menu effective Wednesday.
The restaurant chain, known locally as St. Louis Bread Co., faced a flood of customer complaints after it removed the item from its selections last fall, officials said. It had been on the menu for more than 20 years and was cut to make room for new seasonal items, according to Ad Age.
On Wednesday, the company launched a YouTube video featuring "The Office" character, newly hired to help overwhelmed Panera workers handle the social media backlash when the menu was changed.
Click here for the full story.
RELATED: French onion soup returns to Panera
MORE LOCAL NEWS
- ‘God speed to our brother’ | O’Fallon, Missouri fire battalion chief passes away
- How St. Louis crafters can help animals in Australia
- Blues team dog Barclay gets his Stanley Cup champion collar
- Drink beer and help Australia at this St. Louis brewery
- Bald eagle rescued after being hit by car along interstate in Illinois