ST. LOUIS COUNTY, Mo. — An investigation is underway after three people were injured in a shooting along I-270 Friday morning in Hazelwood.
The shooting happened along I-270 near I-170 at around 11:40 a.m.
All westbound lanes were closed near Lindbergh Boulevard for more than an hour. The interstate was reopened at 1:30 p.m.
Two males and one female were shot and were taken to the hospital with non-life threatening injuries. Police said the victims were all "young adults."
Police said they are investigating this as a targeted shooting. The suspect’s vehicle is a black Ford SUV, possibly an Edge.
This is the same area where a man was shot and killed two weeks ago. No charges have been filed in that shooting.
Anyone with information is asked to call the Hazelwood Police Department at 314-838-5000.
MORE LOCAL NEWS
- Former Dojo Pizza owner sentenced to 65 years for sex crimes against children
- Saint Louis Zoo celebrates Raja’s 'golden’ 27th birthday
- Man charged in 1987 murder of Franklin County woman
- After beloved Owensville, Missouri, man loses home to fire, town rallies to build him a new one
- Recreational marijuana is legal in Illinois on Jan. 1. Here's what you need to know
- Ho-ho-hometown hero Pat Maroon returns to play Santa for his old teammates