ST. LOUIS — The St. Louis Blues have recalled defenseman Niko Mikkola from the team’s American Hockey League affiliate, the San Antonio Rampage.
In making that move, the Blues have assigned Jake Walman to the Rampage. Walman just made his NHL debut on Jan. 4 in Las Vegas. The 23-year-old defenseman has dressed in 32 games with the Rampage this season, with four goals and 14 assists.
Blues team president and general manager Doug Armstrong announced the moves Monday morning.
Mikkola, 23, has played in 30 games with the Rampage this season. He has scored two goals and made nine assists.
The Blues are back in St. Louis after a disappointing road trip. The Note lost to the Coyotes, Avalanche and Golden Knights, snapping an eight-game winning streak.
The Blues will take on the San Jose Sharks at the Enterprise Center Tuesday at 7 p.m.
Latest St. Louis Blues headlines:
- 1 year ago, the Blues pulled themselves out of the gutter and towards the Stanley Cup
- Your guide to the 2020 NHL All-Star Game in St. Louis
- Justin Bieber responds to Jordan Binnington challenge on Instagram
- Blues' 8-game win streak snapped
- Frank's list of the most intriguing sports figures in St. Louis for 2019
- Building a Blues 'All-Decade Team' for the 2010s
- Pietrangelo kids crash dad's post game press conference
- Fans can vote Blues' David Perron into all-star game as 'Last Man In'